This healthy guacamole with frozen peas is lower in fat and calories, but tastes just as delicious as the real deal. The peas add a subtle sweetness and give the guac a vibrant green color!
- 1 cup frozen peas, slightly thawed
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and chopped
- juice from 1 lime
- ½ cup grape tomatoes, cut into ¼ -inch dice
- ½ cup red onion, cut into ⅛-inch dice
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1–2 cloves minced fresh garlic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place peas in the bowl of a food processor or mini chopper and pulse until the peas are smooth.
- Transfer peas into a medium bowl and add lime juice, tomato, onion, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic and salt. Stir everything together with a fork.
- Add avocado chunks to the bowl and mix well, mashing the avocado as you stir.
- Serve with an assortment of raw vegetables and tortilla chips.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Mash
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 91
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 5g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: frozen pea guacamole