The BEST healthy summertime dessert! This tart starts with a crystallized ginger and almond meal grain-free crust, is filled with creamy Greek yogurt and then piled high with loads of fresh berries.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 1/3 cup crystallized ginger
- 1 Tablespoon coconut sugar
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg white
- 2 cups plain full-fat Greek yogurt (I like Siggi’s or Fage)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 1/2 cups fresh berries (I used a mix of blueberries, strawberries and blackberries)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 9 by 1 1/8-inch round tart pan with a removable bottom with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, pulse the almond meal with the crystallized ginger, coconut sugar and salt until finely ground. Add the coconut oil and egg white and pulse until everything is evenly coated and sticking together. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the tart pan. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned. Let the crust cool completely.
- In a medium bowl, mix the yogurt with the maple syrup.
- Spread the yogurt in the crust and arrange the berries over the surface of the yogurt. Cut the tart in slices and serve.
- Make ahead options: The baked and cooled crust can be wrapped in plastic and kept at room temperature overnight. Add the Greek yogurt filling right before serving.
- Adapted from Food & Wine.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 247
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 10g
Keywords: greek yogurt tart