Make HEALTHY Chocolate Banana Ice Cream with frozen bananas, cacao powder, almond milk and almond butter. It’s absolutely delicious, healthy, dairy-free and doesn’t require an ice cream maker!
- 3 frozen bananas, chopped into chunks
- 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened chocolate or vanilla)
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/2 Tablespoons cacao nibs or chocolate chips (optional)
- Place bananas, almond milk, almond butter and cocoa powder into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Pulse/process until smooth and creamy. You may need to turn off the motor and stir the mixture a couple times while processing.
- Add in cacao nibs or chocolate chips (if using) and pulse once more. Spoon ice cream in to a bowl and enjoy! If you want to be able to scoop the ice cream you can place it in the freezer for 2 hours so it’s solid enough to scoop.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blending
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 23g
- Sodium: 26mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 47g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 4g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: chocolate banana ice cream