This make ahead healthy breakfast casserole is flavorful, cheesy, packed with protein and much lighter than traditional breakfast casseroles. Perfect for brunch and serving a crowd!
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Almond Breeze Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1–2 cups fresh broccoli, chopped into bite-size florets
- 1/2 cup cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 slices of gluten-free bread, chopped into cubes*
- Combine all ingredients except bread in a large bowl. Toss to combine
- Add bread cubes into a lightly greased 9×13 rectangular baking dish.
- Pour the egg mixture over the bread cubes. Cover, and refrigerate at least 1-2 hours or overnight.
- Remove the casserole from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°.
- Bake about 50 minutes, or until the middle of the casserole is no longer jiggly and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes before serving.
Lightly adapted from this Easy Sausage Strata.
*Feel free to use your favorite bread. If you do go with regular bread, you can probably do 4-5 slices instead of six. I’ve found that gluten-free slices are smaller than traditional slices.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 325
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 15g
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 20g