Make healthy Thin Mints at home with this easy recipe! These crispy cookies are made with almond flour and maple syrup and coated in dark chocolate. Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Combine almond flour, cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut oil, sea salt and peppermint extract in a medium bowl until dough forms. The mixture might seem a little crumbly, but that’s okay. Place dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- While the dough is in the fridge, preheat your oven to 350°F and prep a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place the chilled dough on a piece of parchment paper. Cover it with a second piece of parchment. Pat it down with your hands and then use a rolling pin to roll out the dough. You’ll want the dough semi-thin— about 1/4 of an inch thick. Use a small circular cookie cutter to cut out circular cookies and place each on your prepared baking sheet. I used a shot glass for this and it worked great.
- Place cookies in the pre-heated oven and bake for 13-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
- Melt chocolate by adding your chocolate chips and coconut oil into a small bowl. Melt in the microwave using 30-second increments or use a double boiler. Once chocolate is melted, stir in the peppermint extract.
- Using a fork, dip cookies into the melted chocolate. Let any excess chocolate drip off before placing the cookie back on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place cookies in the fridge or freezer for the chocolate to set, about 30 minutes. Once the chocolate has set, you’re ready to enjoy! Store leftover cookies in the freezer and enjoy straight from the freezer – no need to thaw.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 108
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: thin mint cookies