Make healthier peanut butter balls with only 5 simple ingredients: peanut butter, oats, dates, chocolate and coconut oil! No powdered sugar or butter needed. These peanut butter balls are dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
- 4-5 medjool dates (I used Natural Delights)
- 2 Tablespoons gluten-free old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup natural roasted and salted peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life chocolate chunks)
- 1/2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Add dates to food processor or mini chopper and pulse until dates are finely chopped and form a sticky ball. Add in oats and pulse a few more times until combined.
- Add peanut butter and process until combined. If the mixture seems too oily, add another Tablespoon of oats. Scoop out peanut butter dough by the tablespoon and roll into balls. Place balls on parchment paper. Place peanut butter balls in the freezer until firm (several hours or overnight). This step makes it easier to dip the balls into the chocolate.
- A couple minutes before taking the balls out of the freezer, combine your chocolate chips with the coconut oil and melt the mixture. Use a double boiler or microwave in 30 second increments (stirring after every 30 seconds) until the chocolate is melted.
- Dip chilled balls into the melted chocolate and roll until covered. Place back on parchment paper. Once all balls are covered, place back in freezer until hard. Store in freezer or fridge until ready to enjoy.
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: peanut butter balls