These healthier Butterfingers are made with only six simple ingredients. They’re crunchy, peanut-buttery and taste like the real deal.
- 1 1/2 cups organic corn flakes
- 3/4 cup drippy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Crush cornflakes: Place cornflakes in a small lunch-size plastic bag and crush into small pieces.
- Heat peanut butter: Add peanut butter, maple syrup and molasses (if using) to a small saucepan over low-medium heat. Heat, while stirring until the mixture is combined. Don’t overheat or you’ll risk scorching the peanut butter.
- Once well combined, remove from heat and stir in crushed corn flakes.
- Spoon coated cornflakes into a silicone ice cube tray, filling each cavity about halfway.
- Place ice cube tray in the freezer for bites to harden for at least 2 hours.
- Melt chocolate: Once bites have hardened, place chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring between each. It shouldn’t take longer than 1-2 minutes total for the chocolate to melt.
- Pop bites out of the tray and place on platter lined with parchment. Dip/coat each into the melted chocolate, one at a time. Use a spoon to coat until completely covered. Place chocolate covered candy back on the platter lined with parchment. Repeat until all pieces are coated.
- Freeze: Place bites back into the freezer to let the chocolate harden and enjoy!
- Storage: Bites keep best stored in the freezer in an airtight container. They should last 1-2 months. Enjoy straight from the freezer.
- If you don’t have a silicone ice cube tray you can simply spread the mixture evenly over a parchment lined baking sheet. Let set in the freezer, chop into small squares and then dip each in chocolate as described above.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 122
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 44mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 14g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg