Lemon basil tofu marinated in a zesty fresh basil sauce and grilled to perfection. Easy and absolutely delicious!
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons spicy dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup or agave if you’re vegan)
- 1–2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (the juice of about 2 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound extra firm tofu, drained and pressed (I use Twin Oaks)
- salad greens and fresh veggies
- Combine all ingredients except tofu in a small bowl. Cut tofu crosswise into 6 slices. Place tofu slices into a container with the marinade and let sit for at least a hour.
- Prepare grill.
- Remove tofu slices from marinade, making sure to leave any access marinade in the container. Place tofu slices on a grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill for 3-5 minutes on each side. Serve tofu over a bed of greens and other veggies. Drizzle extra marinade over tofu to use as a dressing and serve.
Adapted from Cooking Light Grilled Lemon-Basil Tofu Burgers. As I mention below, you can also bake the tofu in the oven at 400° for about 15 minutes.