These healthy chocolate covered banana pops are made with just four ingredients. Simple, refreshing and the perfect cool and creamy treat for summer.
- 4 medium bananas
- 6 oz chocolate chips (I used dairy-free dark chocolate chips)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons chopped almonds and/or shredded coconut
- 8 bamboo skewers or popsicle sticks
- Prepare a small baking sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Peel each banana. Discard peels and cut each banana in half.
- Insert a bamboo skewer or popsicle stick into each banana half.
- Lay bananas on baking sheet and freeze for 1 hour or until bananas are frozen.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil together. You can use a double-boiler or microwave for this. For the microwave, add chocolate and coconut oil into a microwave safe bowl. Heat for 1 minute, stir and continue to heat in 30 second increments until chocolate is completely melted and smooth.
- Dip each frozen banana half into the melted chocolate, coating as much of the banana as you’d like. Sprinkle with almonds or coconut to decorate. Do this quickly because chocolate hardens fast.
- Place chocolate covered banana back on parchment lined baking sheet and continue this process until all the bananas are coated. Enjoy immediately. Store any leftover banana pops in the freezer for up to 1 month.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Freeze
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 banana pop
- Calories: 144
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: chocolate covered banana