These gluten-free monster cookies are made with rolled oats, peanut butter and chocolate chips. They’re thick, chewy and so easy to make!
- 3 cups gluten-free old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cups smooth peanut butter
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter (room temp)
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 2/3 cup cane sugar (or more coconut sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup M&M’s (or natural candy coated chocolate)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine oats, baking soda and sea salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, coconut sugar in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix together on medium-high until combined. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix until just incorporated and then add chocolate chips and M&Ms. Mix until combined.
- Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the bottom and edges, but still soft on the top. Remove cookies from the oven, allow them to cool on the cookie sheet for about 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To ensure these cookies are gluten-free, you need to make sure you purchase certified gluten-free rolled oats.
- I haven’t tested a vegan version of this recipe, but I would assume that you could use flax eggs and coconut oil to make them vegan. Let me know if you try it.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 115
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 90mg
- Fat: 7g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: gluten free monster cookies