Crunchy and chewy, these almond butter espresso cookies are made with one bowl and only six ingredients. Plus, they’re flourless, vegan and gluten-free!
- 3/4 cup creamy almond butter
- 3/4 cup organic sugar
- 1 Tablespoon finely ground espresso
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax whisked with 3 Tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silpat baking mat.
- Make flaxseed egg by combining ground flax with 3 Tablespoons of water in a small bowl. While the flaxseed egg gels up, use a large bowl to mix together the almond butter, sugar. Add flax egg, espresso, baking soda and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to place about 1 Tablespoon of cookie dough on baking sheet, about 2 inches apart. Cookies will spread!
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool on pan for 3-5 minutes on the cookie sheet before gently transferring cookies from sheet to a cooling rack with a spatula.
- They will harden up while cooling. Once completely cool you can transfer them to a storage container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 96
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: almond butter espresso cookies, almond butter, cookies, holiday, Christmas