This delicious meal-sized salad is inspired by Panera’s Fuji apple salad with fresh apple slices, gorgonzola, tomatoes, pepitas and a white balsamic vinaigrette.
- 6 cups spring mix, romaine and/or baby spinach (a blend is nice)
- 1 large Fuji or Honeycrisp apple, sliced or chopped
- 2 (4-6 oz) grilled chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pepitas or toasted pecans
- white balsamic vinaigrette, to taste
- Grill chicken breasts if you haven’t already. See notes above for how to grill the chicken. This step can be done up to 2 days in advance. Just keep grilled chicken breasts in the fridge until ready to prep the salad.
- Divide greens among two individual plates and top with remaining ingredients. Add dressing to taste and enjoy.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Grill
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 415
- Sugar: 12g
- Fat: 20g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 42g
Keywords: fuji apple salad