These are the BEST flourless black bean brownies!! No one will be able to tell that they’re made with beans and maple syrup.
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil (butter works too)
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup gluten-free/dairy-free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life or Lily’s)
- 1/3 cup chopped raw walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease an 8×8-inch baking pan.
- Place beans, eggs, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt, vanilla and maple syrup in the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Remove the blade and gently stir in your chocolate chips and walnuts, if using. (Another option is to sprinkle the walnuts on top of the brownie batter once you pour it into the pan.)
- Transfer mixture to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until brownies are set in the center and a toothpicks comes out clean. Cool completely, cut into squares and enjoy!
- Store brownies in the fridge for 3-5 days.
- Adapted from this recipe.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 brownie
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: black bean brownies