Fresh vegetable rolls with avocado, carrots, red cabbage, cucumbers and lettuce. Served with a delicious spicy peanut sauce.
- 4 rice paper wrappers
- 1 cup romaine lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup cucumber, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup carrots, shredded
- 1–2 avocados, sliced
- fresh basil and mint
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium tamari, soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- a pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- water, to thin
- Wet spring roll wrapper with warm water. I usually heat a pot of water on the stove top (not letting it get to a boil) and once it’s warm I put it in a bowl or plate that is large enough to fit the rice paper wrapper in.
- Place wrapper on a hard surface. Place lettuce leaf on far left edge of wrapper.
- Place a little of each ingredient into the wrap. Top with avocado and one or two leaves of the fresh herbs.
- Roll wrapper from left to right, folding in the top and the bottom sides of wrapper toward the middle, just before the wrapper is completely wrapped.
- Complete steps 1 to 4 for each wrapper.
- Whisk all ingredients for the sauce in a small bowl. Add water to thin if needed. Serve as a dipping sauce for the rolls.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Vietnamese
- Serving Size: 2 rolls with peanut sauce
- Calories: 432
- Sugar: 8g
- Fat: 34g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 12g
Keywords: fresh rolls, vegetable rolls, fresh spring rolls