With only six ingredients and about 15 minutes to whip up, these heathy peanut butter blossoms are an easy addition to your holiday cookie tray! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 cup coconut sugar or brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground flaxseed + 3 Tablespoons water*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Vegan chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven: Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Make flaxseed egg: Mix together the ground flaxseed with the water to make your flaxseed egg and set aside.
- Mix ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix the peanut butter, sugar, flaxseed egg, vanilla and baking soda until well combined.
- Scoop: Scoop 1 Tablespoon of the cookie dough, roll into a ball and set about 1 inch apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake: Bake for 9-10 minutes. Remove from oven, and immediately press a chocolate chunk into each cookie. Allow to cool completely; the chunk will harden as it cools.
- Store: Store in an airtight container on the counter for 3-4 days or in the fridge or freezer for longer storage.
- If you don’t need the cookies to be vegan, you can use a regular egg instead of a flaxseed egg!
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 119
- Sugar: 12g
- Sodium: 24mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: healthy peanut butter blossoms