Flourless pumpkin muffins made with almond butter and pumpkin. No flour, no oil and no dairy. 9 grams of protein in each muffin!
- 1 1/3 cups almond butter
- 2/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- 6 Tablespoons honey
- 2 Tablespoons pumpkin pie spice*
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of sea salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Prepare muffin tin by spraying well with cooking spray, or line the tins with paper or silicone liners . Set aside.
- In your blender add all ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and blend on high-speed until creamy, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand.
- Fill each muffin cavity about 3/4 full with the muffin mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean without any batter. (See below for cook time for mini muffins). Allow muffins to cool for 5-10 minutes or until they are firm enough and cool enough to handle. Remove from tin and let cool completely on a wire rack. Muffins are always best fresh, but these will keep airtight at room temperature for about 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 4 months.
- I used pumpkin pie spice in this recipe, if you don’t have any or can’t find it, you can make your own with ground cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves.
- For mini muffins, bake for 7-8 minutes. 1 batch will make 36 mini muffins.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 18g
- Sodium: 74mg
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated Fat: 4g
- Unsaturated Fat: 13g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 23g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: flourless pumpkin muffins, almond butter pumpkin muffins