Peanut butter protein cookies made with just 5 simple ingredients: oats, protein powder, peanut butter, apple sauce and honey or maple syrup. Each cookie has 4 grams of protein! Gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 scoops (50 grams) of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 cup drippy natural peanut butter*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce + 1–2 Tablespoons more, if needed
- 2 Tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place oats and protein powder into a small bowl and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl mix together the peanut butter, applesauce and honey or maple syrup. Pour the wet peanut butter mixture over the dry mixture and stir well. Combining this mixture will take a little stirring power and it may seem a little crumbly at first. I used my hands to knead the dough near the end and that seems to help. If it’s too crumbly, you can add an extra 1-2 Tablespoons of applesauce to moisten it.
- Once combined, start forming the the dough into one inch balls.
- Place balls on a parchment lined baking sheet, press the ball down into a cookie shape with a fork and bake for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven, let cool and enjoy. Store any leftovers in a covered airtight container on the counter/in the fridge for immediate consumption or store in the freezer for later.
- For the protein powder, I recommend measuring by grams instead of by the scoop.
- The consistency of the dough may vary based on the brand of protein powder and peanut butter you use. If the dough seems too dry, add more applesauce as the recipe suggests or a splash of milk.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 107
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 42mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: peanut butter protein cookies