This delicious Middle Eastern fattoush salad combines fresh veggies and herbs with crispy pita chips and a sumac dressing. Great as an appetizer or served with protein for a full meal.
- 2 cups mini (or Persian) cucumbers, chopped
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 cup mint, chopped
- 16 baked pita chips*
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 Tablespoon white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Make pita chips: Prep and bake pita chips according to the linked recipe. Let cool.
- Make dressing: In a bowl whisk together garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, olive oil, sumac, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble salad: In a large bowl toss together cucumbers, tomatoes, radishes, romaine, parsley and mint with the lemon dressing. Break pita chips into pieces and add half into the bowl with the salad. Toss.
- Serve: Plate salad and top each portion with extra broken pita pieces. Serve immediately.
- Make the full batch of pita chips and you’ll have about 8 extra pita chips to snack on later.
- Feta is totally optional, but it makes a delicious topping for this salad as well!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 202
- Sugar: 4g
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 21g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3g
Keywords: fattoush salad