A festive fall breakfast salad with cinnamon roasted butternut squash, apple slices, avocado, red onion, walnuts, hemp seeds and an egg!
- 3 cups chopped butternut squash chunks
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive or coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- sprinkle of sea salt
- spring mix or baby spinach
- 1/2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, chopped or sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons toasted walnuts
- 1/2 Tablespoon hemp seeds
- 2 eggs, cooked any way you like (fried, poached or hard boiled is my preference)
- avocado balsamic dressing
- Combine butternut squash, oil, cinnamon and sea salt together on a baking sheet and roast in a 450° oven for about 30 minutes or until squash is cooked through. Remove and let cool.
- Fill a salad bowl with spring mix and add toppings: roasted squash, apple slices, avocado, red onion, walnuts and hemp seeds.
- Portion salad into two bowls and place cooked egg on top of each salad. Drizzle dressing over the salad and enjoy!
- You’ll likely have leftover salad toppings (roasted butternut squash, apple slices, avocado, etc.). Simply save them to make another salad or use in another application.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 salad without dressing
- Calories: 419
- Sugar: 13g
- Fat: 23g
- Carbohydrates: 49g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 18g
Keywords: fall breakfast salad