A plant-based Mediterranean meal that you can prep ahead of time for delicious meals all week long.
- 4 cups chopped baby spinach
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or cauliflower rice
- 1 cup chopped purple cabbage
- 1 batch baked falafel
- 2 cups Israeli salad
- 1/2 cup hummus
- 1/2 cup tzatziki
- 1/4 cup harissa*
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup pickled onions (optional)
- zesty tahini dressing, to taste
- pita bread or pita chips, for serving
- Prep all falafel, Israeli salad, hummus, tzatziki, and tahini dressing by following linked recipes.
- Combine bowls by adding 1 cup chopped baby spinach, 1/2 cup brown rice, and 1/4 cup chopped purple cabbage to each bowl.
- Top each bowl with 3-4 baked falafel patties, 1/2 cup Israeli salad, 2 Tablespoons hummus, 2 Tablespoons tzatziki, 1 Tablespoon harissa, 1 Tablespoon feta and pickled onions, if using. Serve bowls with zesty tahini dressing on the side so each person can add the dressing to taste.
- Serve with a side of fresh pita bread or baked pita chips.
- Harissa is super spicy and might be hard to find. If you don’t like spicy foods or can’t find it, simply omit it from the recipe.
- If you want more protein, my apple cider vinegar chicken would be an awesome addition!
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Prep
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 535
- Sugar: 9g
- Fat: 29g
- Carbohydrates: 58g
- Fiber: 14g
- Protein: 20g
Keywords: falafel bowl