Homemade sugar-free strawberry jam made with chia seeds, which help it thicken up and add omega-3 fatty acids and fiber.
- 1 cup trimmed strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 Tablespoon lemon juice
- stevia, maple syrup or honey (to taste)
- Add strawberries to a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until the berries start to break down and the mixture is bubbling. You can use the back of a spoon or potato masher to mash the berries and create your desired consistency.
- Stir in the chia seeds and lemon juice. Then taste, and add sweetener if desired. If your berries are sweet you might not need to add any sweetener at all.
- Remove mixture from heat and let cool the mixture cool and thicken, about 5 to 10 minutes.
- You can use right away or let cool completely before transferring to sealed container and placing in chia jam in your refrigerator. The jam will keep for up to 1 week.
- I like my jam with texture from the fruit, but if you like your jam to have a smooth consistency, you can blend the mixture in a high-powered blender or use an immersion blender to blend until smooth.
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 30
- Sugar: 2g
- Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 5g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: strawberry chia jam