This quick and easy pumpkin chia mousse is thick, creamy and lightly sweetened. Loaded with healthy fat and fiber this mousse makes for a satisfying, guilt-free dessert!
- 1 cup non-dairy milk*
- 3/4 cup 100% pure pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/3 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup*
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 full graham cracker sheets (I used Annie’s)
- whipped topping or Greek yogurt, for serving
- In a high powered blender or food processor add milk, pumpkin, chia seeds, maple syrup, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Blend on high until smooth. Taste and add more maple syrup or pumpkin pie spice if needed.
- Transfer mousse to a resealable container, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Crush the graham crackers. To do so you can process them in a mini-chopper or put them in a plastic baggie and roll over with a rolling pin.
- Scoop about 1/2 cup mousse into small ramekins. Top each serving with a sprinkle of graham cracker crumbs and whipped topping or Greek yogurt, if using. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- I used unsweetened vanilla almond milk but canned coconut milk would work great too and make for extra thick and creamy mousse.
- I used maple syrup for sweetening the mousse but you can use your favorite sweetener and if you want a sugar-free version you can use stevia.
- Recipe adapted from Clean Eating Magazine Spiced Pumpkin Mousse.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe (without whipped topping)
- Calories: 189
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 104mg
- Fat: 6g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 5g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: pumpkin pie mousse, pumpkin chia mousse