Make French Toast for a crowd with this easy Overnight French Toast Bake that’s dairy-free! To lighten things up a bit this recipe uses a mixture of eggs and egg whites, almond milk and maple syrup for sweetness.
- 1-pound loaf challah, crust on, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 15 cups)
- 8 large eggs
- ½ cup egg whites
- 2 cups Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla almondmilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup + more for topping
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange bread in a single layer in the baking pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, egg whites, Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla almondmilk, vanilla, almond extract, cinnamon and maple syrup. Pour the egg mixture over the bread in the baking dish, spreading it around so the liquid saturates the bread. Cover and refrigerate overnight. If you don’t have time to let it soak overnight you can get by with 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Uncover the baking dish, sprinkle on sliced almonds and brown sugar and bake for 50 minutes.
- Top with dried cranberries and serve warm or at room temperature with more maple syrup for drizzling.
- Adapted from The Food Network.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: french toast bake