Make broccoli taste delish with this simple roasted broccoli recipe. It’s quick, easy and packed with nutrients and flavor.
- 1 large crown or 2 small crowns of broccoli, washed and trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped garlic (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prep broccoli: Cut the broccoli florets from the thick stalks, leaving an inch or two of stalk attached to the florets. Save the stalks for another use. See ideas here.
- Add oil: Coat broccoli florets with the oil in a large bowl or right on the baking sheet. You can use your hands to make sure the broccoli is well coated.
- Adding seasonings: Sprinkle on the salt, pepper, garlic and cayenne pepper (if using) and toss to coat.
- Roast: Put the broccoli on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the oven for about 25-30 minutes or until broccoli is cooked and the tops of the broccoli are a little brown.
- Serve: Serve immediately.
- Store: Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. I don’t recommend freezing roasted broccoli.
- Got frozen broccoli? Try my roasted frozen broccoli recipe.
- Category: Side
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 165
- Sugar: 5g
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: roasted broccoli