Turn nutrient-rich sweet potatoes into a satisfyingly sweet dessert! Just bake and stuff with your favorite toppings. This particular dessert baked sweet potato is loaded with toasted coconut, coconut butter, cinnamon, almond butter, pecans and dark chocolate. Vegan, gluten-free and paleo-friendly.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1/2–1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 1/2–1 Tablespoon almond butter
- 2 teaspoons toasted coconut flakes
- 2 teaspoons toasted pecans
- 2 teaspoons chopped dark chocolate (I used eatingevolved’s cashew milk chocolate)
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Pierce sweet potato several times with a fork. Place the sweet potato on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Bake for about 45 minutes, or until sweet potato is completely tender and oozing a little bit.
- Make a slit in the top of the sweet potato. Mash down each side and add toppings: coconut butter, almond butter, coconut flakes, pecans, dark chocolate and cinnamon. Enjoy warm.
- Calories: 349kcal
- Sugar: 10g
- Sodium: 76mg
- Fat: 23g
- Saturated Fat: 10g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 6g
- Cholesterol: 23mg