I like making these date energy balls with cashews. They remind me of the cashew cookie Larabar.
- 1 cup (about 10) Medjool dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup raw nuts (cashews, walnuts, almonds, pecans, etc.)
- pinch of sea salt
- Process: Add dates, nuts and salt in a food processor fitted with the S-shaped blade. Process until mixture is well combined and sticking together.
- Form balls: Scoop dough from food processor with your hands (or a cookie scoop) and form into small balls using your hands. Enjoy right away or store for later.
- To store: Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Protein powder: If you want to add protein powder to this recipe, reduce the amount of nuts to 1/3 cup and add 2 Tablespoons of protein powder (about 10 grams).
- Category: Snack
- Method: Process
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball with cashews
- Calories: 98
- Sugar: 16g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 0mg
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: date energy balls