This delicious dairy-free spinach quiche is amazingly flavorful and creamy without any cheese, milk or meat. The best part? It can be served for breakfast, brunch or dinner.
- 1 (9-inch) pie crust (gluten-free, if needed)
- ½ teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped red, yellow or orange bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 8–10 oz frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained*
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup egg whites (or 3 additional eggs)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened oat milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- fresh chopped thyme, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- All oil to a medium skillet over medium-high. Add onion, garlic, bell pepper and cook until onion is translucent, about 6-7 minutes. If you’re using fresh spinach, after about 5 minutes add in your chopped spinach until cooked down. Sprinkle salt and pepper on veggies while they cook. Set aside to cool.
- While the veggies cook, make sure the spinach is as dry as possible by squeezing out all of the water. I like wrapping the spinach in a couple paper towels while squeezing to help absorb some of the liquid.
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, oat milk, Italian seasoning and nutritional yeast. Scatter veggie mixture and chopped spinach on the bottom of prepared crust.
- Pour egg mixture over top and push under any ingredients not covered by the egg mixture to prevent burning. Bake uncovered until set and golden brown around edges, about 45 minutes. Let quiche rest at room temperature for 10 minutes, then cut into slices, top with fresh thyme and serve.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in the oven or toaster oven.
If you don’t have frozen spinach on hand, you can use fresh spinach. I used 3 big handfuls out of a 5 oz bag of pre-washed, fresh spinach, roughly chopped.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 193
- Sugar: 2g
- Sodium: 477mg
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 8g
Keywords: dairy-free spinach quiche