This flavorful and filling plant-based curried tempeh salad is perfect for spreading on bread for a hearty sandwich, adding to a wrap or serving over crisp greens. Vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 8 ounce packages of Lightlife tempeh (any variety)
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/3 cup vegan mayo
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- sunflower seeds and cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Chop tempeh into bite-size chunks. Add to a pot with water and a steamer basket and steam tempeh for 10-15 minutes. Set aside and let cool.
- While tempeh is cooling chop all the veggies.
- In a large bowl combine tempeh, celery, red onion, carrots and raisins.
- Make dressing by combining mayo, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, olive oil, pepper, turmeric and sea salt in a bowl. Pour dressing over tempeh, veggies and raisins. Toss to combine. Serve immediately or place in the fridge to chill before serving.
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Stove Top
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/6th of recipe
- Calories: 298
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 17g
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 9g
- Protein: 15g