This quick and easy Asian slaw is loaded with crunchy vegetables and tossed in a flavorful Asian dressing. Perfect as a topping for tacos or as a side!
- 1 lb (about 5 cups) shredded cabbage*
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup sliced scallions
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
- white or black sesame seeds, for topping
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 3 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I like avocado oil mayo, but vegan mayo works too)
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil (I like spicy sesame oil)
- 2 Tablespoons low-sodium tamari (coconut aminos or soy sauce works too)
- 1 Tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon mirin
- Toss together slaw ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- Add all ingredients for the dressing into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Pour over slaw and toss to combine. Top with sesame seeds and serve. Slaw will keep for 4-5 days in the fridge.
- For the cabbage, you can use napa, green or red. I used a combo of green and red for extra color.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Toss
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 113
- Sugar: 5g
- Sodium: 270mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: asian slaw