A healthy take on regular pesto pasta, this side dish is made with rutabaga noodles, fresh pesto and almond milk. It takes only 15 minutes and tastes absolutely delicious!
- 1/2 Tablespoon oil (avocado, coconut or olive oil will work)
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 1–2 rutabagas, peeled (should make about 3 cups of noodles)
- 1/3 cup Almond Breeze unsweetened almondmilk
- 2 Tablespoons freshly prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes, chopped
- crushed red pepper, to taste
- Use a spiralizer to create rutabaga noodles.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté for about 2 minutes. Add spiralized rutabaga noodles to the skillet and sauté for 2 additional minutes.
- Add almond milk, cook for 2-4 more minutes or until the noodles have softened but still have a little crunch. Add pesto to the skillet and stir to combine. Add tomatoes and crushed red pepper. Remove from heat and serve. Store any leftovers in the fridge. You can eat them cold or reheat before serving.
For this pasta I highly recommend buying freshly prepared pesto or making your own. I’m just not sure it will taste as good with the stuff from a jar.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 167
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 5g
- Protein: 4g