Creamy Avocado Lime Tart
Published Jun 01, 2020, Updated Aug 02, 2022
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This lime and avocado tart has a creamy avocado coconut filling with a coconut pecan crust. It’s super easy to make, vegan and gluten-free!
You’ve seen me use avocado in dessert recipes before for my avocado truffles and mint chip avocado ice cream and I’m doing it yet again! This time with a creamy lime avocado tart that’s fresh and flavorful.
Healthy Lime Tart Ingredients:
There are two main components in this tart: the crust and the filling. Here’s what you need for the crust:
- shredded unsweetened coconut
- chopped pecans
- medjool dates
- lime zest
- sea salt
And here’s what you need for the filling:
- fresh squeezed lime juice
- coconut nectar, maple syrup or honey (if you don’t need this recipe to be vegan)
- coconut oil
- lime zest
Choosing a Pan for This Tart
I’ve made these tart in different ways — in a 9-inch springform pan, in an 8-inch tart pan and in four mini springform pans. You could even put the ingredients in small ramekins or a mini cupcake pan. Just make sure the tarts are pretty frozen when you try to remove them from the cupcake tin or they won’t come out properly.
Once the tart has firmed up in the freezer, it’s ready to serve. You can take it out to thaw for about 10-15 minutes before serving, or you can certainly eat it earlier if you like the frozen texture (which I do). Just test it a little to see which way you like it best. As I mention below in the recipe, if you let it sit out too long, the filling will get pretty soft, almost like a pudding, so make sure to put any leftovers back in the freezer.
More No-Bake Dessert Recipes to Try:
- Vegan Blueberry Cheesecake Bars
- Healthy No Bake Cookies
- Easy No Bake Protein Balls
- 5-Ingredient No Bake Brownies
- Greek Yogurt Berry Tart
- Healthy Chocolate Banana Ice Cream
- Paleo Chocolate Coconut Tart
- Greek Yogurt Popsicles
If you make this avocado tart, please be sure to leave a comment and star rating below. Your feedback is super helpful for the EBF team and other readers who are thinking about making the recipe.
Lime and Avocado Tart
- 4 avocados, about 1 1/2 cups of avocado puree
- 1/2 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 cup coconut nectar, maple syrup, or agave
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons lime zest
- Process the crust ingredients (coconut, pecans, dates, lime zest and sea salt) in a food processor or mini chopper until the dates have turned into sticky paste holding the crust ingredients together. Take mixture out of the processor and press evenly into your springform pan. Place pan in freezer while you make the tart filling.
- While the crust is setting in the freezer, blend ingredients for the filling (avocados, lime juice, agave or maple syrup, coconut oil and lime zest) in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy.
- Pour the avocado filling over the crust and use a spoon to make sure the filling is even and smooth.
- Place pan in the freezer to set up, at least 2 hours, but can be overnight. Take out of freezer, remove the springform pan, let sit out for 10-15 minutes, cut into slices and serve. The longer it sits out, the filling will soften and become more like pudding. It still tastes amazing, but not as firm. Store any leftovers back in the freezer.
- If you don’t need this recipe to be vegan you can use honey for the sweetener in the filling.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.