Published Jun 11, 2021, Updated Jun 12, 2023
This post may include affiliate links. Thank you for your support.
This easy cranberry smoothie combines cranberries with frozen berries, banana and yogurt for a creamy and delicious sippable breakfast or snack!
I’m so excited to share this bright, cheerful smoothie with you today! It’s packed with fresh berries and tons of flavor. I know you’re going to love it!
You can make this cranberry smoothie with unsweetened cranberry juice, fresh cranberries or frozen cranberries if you have some on hand. That’s the great thing about smoothie recipes, they are super flexible.
Smoothies are a great recipe to make for a nutrient filled breakfast or snack. This cranberry smoothie is made with just a few key ingredients and is the perfect refreshing drink on a warm summer day!
Cranberry Health Benefits
Cranberries are a little powerhouse fruit! Did you know they’re 90% water?! The other 10% is packed with carbohydrates, fiber and important vitamins and minerals – especially vitamin C. Cranberries are a great source of something called bioactive plant compounds which have been shown to prevent urinary tract infections, stomach cancer and heart disease. (Source)
tip! Cranberries are packed with important vitamins, minerals and plant compounds. They are a great addition to your diet!
Ingredients You’ll Need:
Here’s everything you’ll need to make this easy smoothie:
- frozen mixed berries – any mixture works! I love using frozen strawberries or a berry blend.
- frozen banana – to add a hint of sweetness and creaminess.
- Greek yogurt – you can use plain or vanilla yogurt. You can also use non-dairy yogurt to make this smoothie vegan or dairy-free.
- cranberry juice/cranberries – if you’re using cranberry juice, be sure to look for unsweetened cranberry juice. You can also use fresh or frozen cranberries! This smoothie is a great way to use up leftover cranberries from the holidays!
What if I Don’t Like Bananas?
I know there are some of you that don’t like bananas so thought we would address that right off the bat! Like I mentioned above, the banana adds a hint of sweetness and creaminess to this smoothie. To replace the creaminess, I like to add avocado, frozen cauliflower rice or frozen zucchini (trust me, it works!). The berries might add enough sweetness, but you could add in some honey or maple syrup to taste if needed.
Optional Additions & Ideas
As you can tell from the ingredient list, I kept this smoothie recipe super simple! If you want to spice it up a bit, here are some things you could add:
- protein powder – protein powder will make this smoothie more filling and add flavor depending on the type of protein powder you use. I recommend adding 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder while blending.
- fresh ginger – add an extra zip with some fresh grated ginger.
- orange – doesn’t orange + cranberry sound delicious! Add a little orange zest or freshly squeezed orange juice.
- cacao nibs – chocolate and cranberries are the perfect match. Add some cacao nibs or cacao powder for a chocolate twist.
- make it a bowl – pour the smoothie into a bowl, top with your favorite toppings and enjoy with a spoon.
Can I Prep This Cranberry Smoothie Ahead of Time?
Yes! There are two ways you can prep your smoothie ahead of time.
- Get your ingredients ready. The first way is to simply prep your ingredients. Measure out the frozen berries and put in a silicone bag or reusable container along with the banana in the freezer. When it’s time to make your smoothie, you’ll just dump the ingredients in along with the yogurt and cranberry juice.
- Blend it up and store. Your second option is to make the smoothie in full and store in the refrigerator until you’re ready to eat. I recommend storing in an airtight container like a mason jar for 1-2 days. Some separation may occur so shake your smoothie or give it a quick blend before enjoying.
More Smoothie Recipes to Try
- Easy Blackberry Smoothie
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Mocha Cherry Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Green Smoothie
- Health Nut Smoothie
- Golden Milk Smoothie
- Snickers Protein Smoothie
- Blend: Add all the ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth. If the smoothie is too thick, add a splash more cranberry juice, orange juice or almond milk.
- Serve: Pour into a glass and enjoy. You can also serve this in a bowl topped with your toppings of choice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.