These cranberry energy bites are the perfect easy snack. Made with just 7 simple ingredients including almonds, cashews, dates and dried cranberries.
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup (about 10) Medjool dates, pitted*
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon or orange juice
- pinch of sea salt
- Process: Place almonds and cashews into into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the S-shaped blade and pulse until they are chopped into small pieces.
- Add dates, cranberries, vanilla, lemon juice and sea salt. Pulse until everything is well combined and dough is sticking together. (See note if your dough seems too crumbly.)
- Form balls: Once mixture is combined, scoop out about 1 Tablespoon of dough (with your hands or a cookie scoop) and use your hands to form the dough into balls. Enjoy right away or store for later.
- To store: Place balls into a sealed storage container and store in the fridge for 1-2 weeks or the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Crumbly dough: If your dough seems too crumbly to stick together after processing even when squeezing it together with your hands, you can try adding a couple more dates or adding 1 teaspoon of water at a time until the mixture starts to hold together well enough to form into balls. See note above.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 84
- Sugar: 7g
- Sodium: 6mg
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: cranberry energy balls