A quick and easy recipe for a clean eating shrimp salad with cooked shrimp, quinoa, blanched broccoli and roasted asparagus! Prepare everything ahead of time and throw it into a bowl for dinner.
- 14 large cooked shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups raw broccoli, cut into bite size peices
- 1/2 pound of asparagus + 1 teaspoon olive oil and sea salt & pepper for roasting
- 1/2 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 tomato, sliced into bite size pieces
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup quinoa, cooked and chilled
- 4 cups spring mix
- balsamic vinegar
- olive oil (optional)
- ground pepper
- Blanch the raw broccoli:Bring a pot of water to a boil. In a large bowl, fill with half ice and water. Cut up the broccoli while you wait for the water to boil. Carefully, add in broccoli and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. The broccoli will become tender and bright in color. Scoop out broccoli with a slotted spoon quickly and immediately move into the ice water, keeping it in there for for about 30 seconds. Drain in a colander and set aside.
- Roast the asparagus: Set oven to broil. Trim the tough ends of the asparagus and place it on a prepared pan. Sprinkle the asparagus with olive oil and toss around the pan to coat. Sprinkle with a the sea salt and ground pepper. Place in the oven and broil for 4-7 minutes. Don’t overcook. Set aside.
- Now, the easy part – start compiling your salad: Add 2 cups of spring mix to each salad plate/bowl and top with the shrimp, broccoli, asparagus, bell pepper, tomato, avocado, and quinoa. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil, if using. Sprinkle with ground pepper and enjoy!
Be sure to read the full recipe before starting to prep the salad because some components (like roasting the asparagus, blanching the broccoli and cooking the quinoa) need to be done ahead of time.
- Category: Salad