A tried and true favorite, this cinnamon raisin oatmeal is super easy to make and oh so delicious. Plus it takes less than 10 minutes to whip up. It’s time to ditch those instant oatmeal packets!
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 banana, sliced (save a few for topping)
- 1 Tablespoons raisins
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup of water, non-diary milk or a blend of both
- 1 Tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- Add oats, banana slices, raisins, flaxseed, cinnamon and sea salt to a pot. Add water and stir to combine. Heat over medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Be sure to stir the oats several times while cooking to make sure the banana slices melt into the oats. You’ll know the oatmeal is done when all the liquid is absorbed and the oats are thick.
- Portion oats into a bowl and serve with coconut butter, maple syrup, banana slices, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 484
- Sugar: 25g
- Sodium: 229mg
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 62g
- Fiber: 7g
- Protein: 14g
- Cholesterol: 55mg
Keywords: cinnamon oatmeal, cinnamon raisin oatmeal