These chocolate protein muffins are fudgy and oh so delicious. There’s no added sugar (sweetened only with bananas) and each muffin has 13 grams of protein!
- ¾ cup rolled old-fashioned oats
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate protein powder*
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons ground flaxseed mixed with 1/3 cup water (or 2 eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips + more for topping*
- paper or silicone muffin liners
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together ground flaxseed and 1/3 cup water in a small bowl to create flax eggs. Set aside.
- Add oats, banana, chocolate protein powder, almond milk into a high powdered blender and blend until smooth. Add flaxseed mixture, baking soda and baking powder. Blend until combined.
- Use a spatula to stir in chocolate chips and then transfer muffin mix into prepared muffin tin lined with paper or silicone liners. Muffin cavities should be filled about 3/4 of the way up and you should be able to fill six muffin cups. Sprinkle extra chocolate chips on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- To keep these vegan and gluten-free, use gluten-free oats, vegan protein powder and non-dairy chocolate chips.
- To double this recipe and make 12 muffins, see notes above.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 355mg
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Fiber: 6g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: chocolate protein muffins