These no bake chocolate coconut nests are such an easy Easter treat only require three ingredients: shredded coconut, chocolate chips and candy eggs! Vegan and gluten-free.
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips*
- 24 Cadbury mini eggs, jelly beans or macadamia nuts*
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Spread the shredded coconut onto a baking sheet for toasting. Place in oven for 5-10 minutes, until coconut is a light golden brown color. Make sure to stay in the kitchen watch the coconut, as it can easily go from toasted to burnt. Alternately, you can toast the coconut in a pan on the stove-top.
- Let toasted coconut cool on baking sheet while melting chocolate. Add chocolate chips to a microwave-safe bowl and melt in 20-30 second increments until the chocolate is melted. Add cooled coconut and melted chocolate into a large bowl and toss to combine. Use a spoon or ice cream scoop to scoop about 2-3 Tablespoons of the coconut chocolate mixture onto a piece of parchment and shape into a nest. Top each nest with 2-3 eggs. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
Let nests set at room temperature or place in the fridge or freezer to speed up the process. Store leftover nests in an airtight container at room temp for 4-5 days or in the fridge for longer storage. If you store them in the fridge, let sit for about 5-10 minutes before eating.
- If you want these to be vegan you’ll need to use non-dairy chocolate chips and vegan jelly beans, vegan candy eggs or macadamia nuts.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 nest
- Calories: 194
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 19g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 2g
Keywords: no bake chocolate nests