These healthy coconut chocolate chip energy balls are made with only 5 simple ingredients. They’re super easy to prep and taste like a decadent treat.
- 1 1/2 cups medjool dates, pitted
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- Process nuts: Place coconut, almonds and cashews into food processor fitted with the S-blade and pulse until everything is chopped into small pieces. Place nut mixture in a bowl and set aside.
- Process dates: Put dates into the food processor and pulse until a paste forms. The dates will probably form into a sticky ball. If they do, break about the ball a bit with your hands.
- Add remaining ingredients: Add nuts and coconut back into the processor with the dates and pulse until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times, until they’re just incorporated.
- Form balls: Once mixture is combined, use your hands (or a cookie scoop) to scoop and form the dough into balls, using about 1 Tablespoon of dough for each ball. Enjoy right away or store for later.
- To store: Store any leftovers in the fridge with parchment paper between them for 1-2 weeks or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Hard/dry dates: If your dates are hard and dry, you can soak them in warm water for 10-15 minutes to soften. Just drain them well before using.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 ball
- Calories: 90
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 1mg
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 13g
- Fiber: 2g
- Protein: 1g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: coconut chocolate chip energy balls