A creamy chocolate pudding made from chia seeds. Healthy enough for breakfast and delicious enough for dessert, this chocolate chia pudding is bound to be a staple in your kitchen! Gluten-free and vegan.
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, divided
- 6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, honey or sweetener of choice*
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- toppings of choice: fresh berries, chocolate chips, nuts
- In a high powered blender or food processor add 1/2 cup almond milk, chia seeds, maple syrup and blend until chia seeds are seemingly ground.
- Add remaining almond milk, cocoa powder, vanilla and salt and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a resealable container, cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- If you don’t have a high-powered blender your chia pudding might not get as smooth and creamy and will have the texture of regular chia pudding, similar to tapioca pudding.
- Use stevia instead of maple syrup or honey for a low-sugar option.
- Method: No-bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (without toppings)
- Calories: 240
- Sugar: 7g
- Fat: 11g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 17g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: chocolate chia pudding