These low-carb cauliflower nachos are cheesy, delicious and loaded with extra veggies like tomatoes, jalapeño peppers, onions and avocado.
- 1 Tablespoon olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 5 cups cauliflower florets, cut into ½-inch slices
- 1/3 cup refried beans
- 3/4 cup shredded Mexican cheddar cheese
- 1 jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped grape/cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, sliced or chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray a large baking sheet with olive oil or avocado oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine oil with garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, paprika, chili powder and sea salt. Add sliced cauliflower and gently toss to coat. Place seasoned cauliflower on baking sheet, spacing out the pieces so that they roast instead of steam. Bake 20 minutes, until cauliflower is tender and starting to brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven; push cauliflower together in the center of the pan. Top cauliflower with refried beans, sprinkle with cheese and add jalapeño slices on top. Return to the oven and bake until the beans are heated through and the cheese has melted, about 6-7 minutes.
- Top cauliflower with chopped tomato, red onion and cilantro. Add avocado (if using) and serve directly from the sheet pan. You can also transfer to a platter for serving or portion into bowls.
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Roast
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 150
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 368mg
- Fat: 10g
- Carbohydrates: 10g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: cauliflower nachos