Low carb, dairy-free potato salad made with cauliflower and a creamy cashew dressing instead of mayo.
- 5 cups cauliflower florets
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ cup chopped red onion or shallot
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, chopped
Creamy Cashew Dressing
- 1 cup soaked raw cashews*
- 2 ½ Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon prepared mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoons shallot
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- ⅓ cup water
- Place cashews in a bowl. Cover with water and soak for about 1-2 hours. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until tender but still firm, about 10 minutes. Drain, run cold water over the cauliflower to cool. Drain completely.
Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil; cover, remove from heat, and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove eggs from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
Meanwhile, in a blender combine all dressing ingredients and blend until smooth.
In a large bowl, add the cauliflower, eggs, celery, green onion, shallot and dill.
Add dressing, mix together well and refrigerate until chilled. Serve and enjoy within 1-2 days.
- For a mayo based dressing, just sub ½ cup mayo (I like avocado oil mayo) in place of the cashews and don’t add any water.
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 214
- Sugar: 3g
- Sodium: 582mg
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 12g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
Keywords: low carb potato salad, cauliflower potato salad