Turn Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi into a quick weeknight meal with onions, peas and turkey bacon.
- 12 ounce bag frozen Trader Joe’s cauliflower gnocchi
- 3 slices cooked + crisp turkey bacon
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- sea salt and black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan + more for serving
- Cook turkey bacon using instructions in the notes. Once cooked, chop the bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 Tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until they begin to brown, 3 to 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste, reduce the heat to medium and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are golden brown and almost caramelized, about 10 minutes more. At this point, stir in the frozen peas and Italian seasoning and transfer to a small bowl.
- Using the same skillet, add the remaining 1 Tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add the frozen cauliflower gnocchi and cook, tossing occasionally, until they’re lightly brown on all sides, about 5-10 minutes. Gently add in the onion mixture, chopped bacon and parmesan. Serve warm, sprinkled with additional parmesan.
- To cook turkey bacon: Microwave: place slices on a paper towel lined microwave-safe place. Cover with another paper towel and cook on high in the microwave for 2-4 minutes, using 1 minute increments. Every microwave is different so you’ll have to experiment with the timing for this. You want the bacon to be cooked through and crispy enough that it snaps when you chop/break it into pieces. Of course, you can also cook the bacon the stove-top using the package instructions. I like cooking bacon in the microwave because it’s fast and I hate bacon grease being popped all over my stove.
- Inspired and adapted from Fine Cooking.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 6g
- Fat: 28g
- Carbohydrates: 39g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 13g
Keywords: pan roasted cauliflower gnocchi