Dairy-free cashew sour cream made with five simple ingredients that’s rich and creamy with a mild flavor. It makes a great sub for regular sour cream! Vegan + gluten-free.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 –3/4 cup unsweetened dairy-free milk or water
- pinch of sea salt
- Add cashews in a bowl and cover with water. Let cashews soak for 1-8 hours. Drain water.
- Add soaked cashews, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and 1/2 cup dairy-free milk into a high-speed blender. Blend on high until creamy, if the mixture seems really thick, add more milk, 1 Tablespoon at a time until the mixture is blending smoothly, but don’t add too much because you don’t want the cream to be too thin.
- Once blended, pour sour cream into a dish and serve at room temp or place in the fridge. It will thicken as it chills. Cashew sour cream should last 3-4 days, up to a week in the fridge and up to 6 months if stored in the freezer.
- Serving Size: 2 Tablespoons
- Calories: 83
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 23mg
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 4g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
Keywords: cashew sour cream, dairy-free sour cream, vegan sour cream