This vegetarian sheet pan dinner features tofu, chickpeas, butternut squash, and red onion. Everything is roasted and served with a creamy tahini sauce for a flavorful, protein-packed meal.
- 1 lb extra-firm tofu, pressed, drained and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 2 Tablespoons liquid aminos, coconut aminos or low-sodium tamari
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 6 cups) peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium/large red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- tahini sauce
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Add chopped tofu, aminos, maple syrup, and garlic powder in a large bowl. Toss and let marinate for at least 30 minutes. Prep tahini sauce while tofu is marinating.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Add chopped butternut squash, chickpeas, and onion to a large sheet pan. Drizzle on the oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add tofu to the pan and toss once more.
- Place sheet pan in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, toss ingredients and place back in the oven for 40 minutes or until chickpeas are crisp, tofu is golden and butternut squash is fork-tender.
- Portion butternut squash, chickpea, tofu mixture onto plates, garnish with cilantro and drizzle with tahini sauce. Serve with extra tahini sauce.
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 518
- Sugar: 10g
- Fat: 25g
- Carbohydrates: 56g
- Fiber: 12g
- Protein: 22g
Keywords: vegetarian sheet pan dinner