Looking for healthy French fries? Try these easy oil-free baked butternut squash fries with only 2 simple ingredients – butternut squash and sea salt!
- 1 butternut squash (about 4 cups)
- sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 425°F.
- Peel the squash. (optional)
- Cut the butternut squash in half and de-seed it like you would a cantaloupe.
- Cut it up into french fry shapes. Try to make the pieces similar in size so that they finish cooking at the same time.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Place tray in your pre-heated oven and bake for 40 minutes or so, flipping halfway through baking process.
- Fries are done when they are starting to brown a little.
- Serve with ketchup or your favorite french fry dipping sauce.
- Category: Side
- Method: Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 63
- Sugar: 3g
- Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 16g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: butternut squash fries