The recipe is delicious on it’s own, but if you’re feeling like you need a little chocolate in your life (as I was today), simply melt dark chocolate and drizzle it over the squares. As you can imagine, it makes them extra tasty.
- 3 cups crispy brown rice cereal (I used Erewhon)
- 1/2 cup almond butter, peanut butter or other nut butter
- 2/3 cup brown rice syrup (I used Rice Dream)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- dark chocolate bar (optional)
- Place cereal and raisins in a mixing bowl.
- Heat nut butter and rice syrup on low heat, stirring until warm and creamy, but not boiling.
- Pour the nut butter and rice syrup mixture over cereal and raisins and coat evenly.
- Press mixture evenly into an 8 X 8 casserole dish or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Let cool for 1 hour before cutting into squares.
- Serve as is or drizzle melted dark chocolate over the squares before serving.