This broccoli noodle stir-fry uses the entire head of broccoli – stems and florets! Just spiralize the stalks to create broccoli noodles and use them as a base for this low-calorie meal.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons avocado, coconut or olive oil
- 2 medium stalks of broccoli (look for thick, large stalks)
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 4-5 Tablespoons teriyaki sauce (store-bought or use the recipe below)
- Optional: sriracha, for topping
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup low-sodium tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated or minced
- Make teriyaki sauce: whisk together all ingredients in a small bowl. Measure out 4-5 tablespoons, set aside.
- Make broccoli stem noodles: chop florets from the stems leaving as much stalk as possible. Place stalk/stem(s) on spiralizer and spiralize into noodles. Set aside.
- Add shrimp to large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté shrimp for 4-5 minutes or until pink and no longer translucent. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Discard any leftover liquid in the skillet. Add 2 teaspoons oil to skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, garlic, ginger and broccoli noodles to the skillet. Sauté for 5-6 minutes. Season with salt and pepper while cooking. Add broccoli florets to the pan and cook for another 4-5 minutes, until broccoli starts to soften and turns bright green.
- Add shrimp back into the pan, along with the teriyaki sauce and toss to coat. Top with sriracha before serving, if using.
- Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 14g
- Fat: 4g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 11g
- Protein: 41g
- Cholesterol: 330mg
Keywords: broccoli noodles, broccoli noodle stir-fry