I used this Breakfast Rice Cereal recipe from the Uncle Ben’s website as a guide but made a few changes. Here’s my version:
- 1 package UNCLE BEN’S® READY RICE® Whole Grain Brown (about 2 cups of rice)
- ¾ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- dash of cinnamon
- dash ground nutmeg
- a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia (to taste)
- 1–2 Tablespoons chopped pistachios
- 2–3 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- Place rice, almond milk, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia in a medium-sized sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Turn heat to low and simmer for 7-8 minutes. The rice will absorb the almond milk and the mixture will become creamy.
- Portion the rice into two bowl and top with pistachios and cranberries. Portion the rice into two bowl and enjoy.