Easy and delicious blueberry protein pancakes made with protein powder, egg whites and banana. You’ll love these topped with a drizzle of nut butter and maple syrup.
- 1/4 cup liquid egg whites
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 banana, mashed
- almond milk, if needed
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- cooking spray (I like using coconut or avocado oil spray)
- non-stick pan
- In a small bowl whisk together the egg whites and protein powder with a fork or whisk until all the protein powder is dissolved. I find that a whisk does a great job for mixing in the protein powder.
- Stir in the mashed banana and add the blueberries. If the pancake mixture seems too thick you can add a splash of almond milk to thin it out a bit.
- Spray a medium sized non-stick pan with cooking spray and set heat to low-medium (I use the number 3 on my stove). The lower heat is the key to making sure the pancake doesn’t burn. Pour in pancake batter and cook until little bubbles form (about 5 minutes).
- Make sure the pancake has set enough before you try flipping it, or else you’ll end up with a scramble. Carefully flip the pancake over to the other side. Cook until pancake is done in the middle (typically takes another 2-3 minutes). Place pancake on a plate, top with your favorite pancake toppings. I like these with a drizzle of peanut butter and extra blueberries.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 244
- Sugar: 11g
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 26g
- Fiber: 8g
- Protein: 23g
Keywords: blueberry protein pancake