Add fresh peaches and blueberries to your oatmeal for a healthy and flavorful breakfast. Loaded with fiber, healthy fat and protein this delicious bowl of oats will keep you feeling full and energized all morning.
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh peaches, chopped into small chunks and divided
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 Tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 Tablespoon almond butter (or other nut butter)
- Add oatmeal, water, 1/2 cup peaches, 1/4 cup blueberries, vanilla and cinnamon into a small saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until oatmeal has thickened and is the consistency you like.
- Spoon into a serving bowl. Top with remaining peaches, blueberries, ground flaxseed and nut butter. Enjoy!
- Fresh peaches and blueberries work great during the summer, but feel free to use frozen fruit in the winter. Just thaw the fruit and follow the recipe as normal.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 377
- Sugar: 22g
- Fat: 14g
- Carbohydrates: 57g
- Fiber: 10g
- Protein: 11g
Keywords: blueberry peach oatmeal